HAND DELIVERED BY INDIGO
We take pride in our Indigo delivery & installation service, with our dedicated Despatch & Delivery Team working hard on your behalf to ensure that your delivery preparations run smoothly. Please enjoy the experience of welcoming your Indigo furniture to its new home.
On the agreed date, your Delivery Team (we work in pairs because our furniture is beautifully solid) will deliver and assemble your new furniture in a room of your choice. Upon request we will take away the packaging for recycling.
Indigo’s branded packaging has been specifically designed to protect your furniture during transit and is made for us at a local factory just a stone’s throw from our head office in Derbyshire.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION COSTS
• Local £30 | 4 – 6 weeks from order to delivery
• National £60 | 4 – 6 weeks from order to delivery
• South Scotland & South West England £60* | 4 – 6 weeks from order to delivery
• Central Scotland £60* | 4 – 6 weeks from order to delivery
• Please call 01629 581800 for a quote.
*For a limited time only.
Please note, exceptions are as follows;
1. Products crafted in or containing Leather, Fabric or Zinc, 6 – 8 weeks from order to delivery.
2. Products crafted in or containing Tobacco, Brunswick Green and Black Saddle Leather, 10 – 12 weeks from order to delivery.
3. Products crafted in or containing Peat, Kodiak and Sage Leather, 12 – 14 weeks from order to delivery.
4. Products crafted in or containing Glass, 8 – 10 weeks from order to delivery.
Indigo Furniture is handmade to order. During busier periods lead times can be slightly longer than usual and as this information is subject to change, please do check back regularly.
Please note: We take the ‘order date’ as the date on which the deposit payment is received. If paying by finance, your lead time may increase if there is a delay in returning the required paperwork. For bespoke furniture please allow a minimum 6 – 8 weeks from order to delivery.
PEACE OF MIND – RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We understand that furniture is a considered purchase for your home.
If you decide at the point of delivery that you are not delighted with your furniture we will take it away and you will be reimbursed in full without incurring any delivery/collection charges for the returned goods.
Further, the Indigo 14 day returns policy is our promise to you that if, after delivery, you change your mind on your purchase and contact us within 14 days of delivery then we will make arrangements with you for the return or exchange of the goods, please note collection charges may apply.
If you would like to return or exchange an item please contact our Customer Service Team on 01629 581800 (option 3) Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please see our terms and conditions of sale which set out our returns & exchange policies in detail. These explain that certain categories of goods are excluded from returns and/or exchanges, e.g. custom made, non-standard or bespoke, clearance, ex-display, outlet goods bought in person and accessories are excluded from our exchange policy. Returned goods must be unused and returned in a resellable condition with the original tags and labels attached and where applicable in the original packaging. For hygiene reasons, mattresses may only be returned if the protective wrapping remains sealed and intact.
INDIGO DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- We deliver nationwide, from Derbyshire.
- We will agree a delivery date with you. This will be based upon your postcode and our delivery schedule which runs on weekdays excluding public holidays. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a time of delivery.
- We deliver using our own professionally trained 2-man teams & our own vehicle fleet.
- We ask you to prepare in advance for our arrival (see more below).
- Furniture is assembled in your room of choice upon delivery.
- Branded packaging is taken away for recycling.
- Care instructions and packs are provided.
- Free returns – simply let us know at the time of delivery, we’ll take the furniture back and refund you in full.
- 14 day returns/exchanges Please let us know within 14 days of delivery if you wish to return or exchange your furniture.
SIZE & ACCESS CONSIDERATIONS
- Before placing your order it’s best to think about how your new furniture is going to fit into your space. Take into account the fixed features in your room such as doors, windows, light and plug sockets.
- Our furniture is handmade in our workshops. Most pieces are large, it is not ‘flatpack furniture’. Measure the height and width of doorways or any windows the furniture may need to fit through. The clearance in hallways is also important, ensure there is enough room for the Delivery Team to manoeuvre.
- The dimensions of each piece of furniture can be found on the product pages – use them as a reference to compare the dimensions of the room and the route your furniture you will have to take. Many of our products can be made to break down, especially if we know about access restrictions at the time of placing your order.
- Our delivery fleet consists of a variety of vehicle sizes. Please consider the road access to your home and let us know of any potential issues especially for larger vehicles, ideally at time of order but certainly prior to arranging delivery.
- Our sales team are always on hand to assist you with measuring your space and any access queries you may have 01629 581800 (option 1) Mon – Sat 9:00am – 5:30pm Sunday 11:00am – 5:00pm or email email@example.com
PREPARING FOR DELIVERY: ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY
Indigo furniture is beautifully solid, frequently large and most pieces are heavy and awkward to carry. To avoid inconvenience and delays please:
- clear all access routes in advance, such as porches and hallways.
- lay non-slip protective covering on all your flooring along the route. We cannot carry enough protective sheeting for all our deliveries. We cannot be held responsible for damage to floors or carpets if they are insufficiently protected.
- ensure the installation area for the goods is clean and clear of obstruction, ready for your Delivery Team to install your furniture. For example, if you are accepting delivery of a bed, please remove the old bed from the room (unfortunately this is not a service the Indigo Delivery Team can offer due to a busy delivery schedule).
- note that we cannot take unwanted furniture or other objects away for disposal.
- note that we do not fix items to walls, for example; mirrors, pictures, headboards, dressers.
Please see our terms and conditions of sale which explain how we work and provide further details on your delivery preparation.
TWO LOVELY DRIVERS
“From day one the sales staff have been extremely helpful. I couldn’t believe it when the two lovely delivery drivers were promptly at my door at 8am this morning and had fitted all the furniture by 8.30. The furniture is beautiful, we are over the moon with it and I’m certain it won’t be the last order from us. A very professional company with customer service that is second to none, thank you very much.”
D Wylie, Essex.
WELL MANNERED AND HELPFUL
“The bed and bedsides are fantastic – the quality is faultless and the furniture is sturdy. Also we couldn’t have been more impressed with the delivery and assembly service provided by Matt and Scott G. Efficient, well mannered and helpful to explain how to care for our new furniture. Thanks again.”
D and V Jacobs Bristol
ON TIME AND EFFICIENT
“Just a note to say thank you very much for our Plank bedroom furniture. The furniture was ready much sooner than expected and very welcome, just before having lots of visitors to stay. The delivery was on time and efficient, managing to negotiate the bends in our staircase.“
S. Fraser Manchester.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS FAQ
Do you deliver nationwide?
Yes, Indigo is based in Derbyshire and our delivery teams work nationwide.
How much will my delivery cost?
Please see our Delivery Costs information above or enter your postcode at the Cart. If your postcode does not generate a charge please speak to our Sales Team who will provide the cost. Please note, delivery charges apply to UK Mainland only and the Delivery Calculator at the cart does not apply to orders placed overseas, UK islands, commercial orders or certain bespoke orders. Where possible we may be able to package items for delivery by your own third party courier subject to a small packaging fee. Please contact our Sales team on 01629 581800 (option 1) for more information.
How long will it take for my furniture to be delivered?
Indigo furniture is handmade to order. General lead times are provided in our Delivery Costs information above. Please contact our Sales team on 01629 581800 (option 1) for a more accurate estimate if required.
Can I collect my furniture myself?
Yes, by prior arrangement you can collect your furniture from our warehouse in Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7FQ between 9am-4pm on weekdays excluding public holidays. Please request this when choosing your delivery option, no delivery charge will apply. You must ensure your vehicle is of a suitable size to take your furniture. Please contact our Despatch Team on 01629 581800 (option 2) for further information.
Who will arrange my delivery date?
The Indigo Despatch Team will contact you to arrange a convenient time for your delivery once your furniture has been made for you. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday and our Despatch Team will arrange a suitable date with you.
Your Delivery Team will contact you before 9.30am on the day of the delivery to confirm their estimated time of arrival. They are also happy to call you at a set time prior to their arrival i.e. 1 hour before to enable you to arrange your day around the delivery.
What time will my furniture be delivered?
The estimated time of arrival will be confirmed by your Delivery Team on the morning of your delivery date. This arrival time is dependent on any travel disruptions. If you wish they can also call at a set time prior to their arrival.
How can I change my delivery date?
Please contact our Despatch Team on 01629 581800 (option 2) at least 3 business days prior to delivery if you are unable to accept delivery on the date agreed with them. Notice within 3 working days of a pre-arranged delivery date will incur a rescheduling charge of £45.
Who will deliver my furniture?
Your furniture will be delivered and assembled by our own professionally trained Delivery Team. The team will provide you with the help and knowledge you need to care for your furniture and upon request will remove all packaging for recycling.
How long will it take to assemble my furniture?
Please bear in mind that some of our products are built up on site for ease of access, therefore allow time for our delivery staff to assemble the furniture in your home. Please allow approximately 30 minutes for a bed and about an hour for a wardrobe
Many larger pieces of Indigo Furniture have been designed to fully break down so that they can be easily transported into your home. Therefore please allow up to an hour for these to be constructed. For further details please call a member of our Sales team on 01629 581800.
Will all of the furniture I have ordered be delivered at the same time?
Yes, we deliver all of your furniture at the same time. On special request it may be possible for certain items to be delivered as soon as they are ready. This is subject to an additional delivery charge.
Do you install furniture on delivery?
Yes, your delivery charge also includes full installation by Indigo’s Delivery Team. They will place or construct your furniture in whichever room you wish. Please ensure that your furniture will fit into the allocated space prior to the Delivery Team arriving. Some items as non-standard can be broken down in advance and re assembled on delivery. In some circumstances an additional cost may be applied for this.
Do you hang Mirrors or Headboards, etc?
No, we do not fix any items to walls, for example; mirrors, pictures, headboards, dressers.
What about access at my property?
If you are concerned with access for larger items please inform our staff on order. We can break down some items in advance and re-assemble them on delivery if necessary; in some circumstances an additional cost may be applied.
Can you remove existing furniture?
No, due to health and safety restrictions we do not remove any existing furniture or other objects (including mattresses) from your home. There are charities across the country who are able to pick up unwanted furniture free of charge.
Do I have to be there myself to accept delivery?
It is not necessary for you to be present in person when your furniture is delivered, however you must have a responsible adult (over 18 years) who is authorised to act upon your behalf. We require a signature upon delivery. If you provide written details of a designated safe place in advance, then our Delivery team can leave smaller items in your safe place, however these are left at your own risk and we do not accept any responsibility for any items left. We cannot leave items which have been purchased through a finance option.
What happens if no one is there to accept delivery on the agree date and time?
A rescheduling fee will be charged if there is no authorised adult present to accept your delivery on the agreed date. Further details are provided within our terms and conditions of sale.
Do you accept returns or exchanges?
Please see our ‘Peace of Mind – Returns & Exchanges’ section for details of our returns and exchanges policies.
What happens if I decide to return my order after 14 days?
We have a 14 day return policy. After this time you do not have any right to return the goods for a refund unless they are faulty. Please see our terms and conditions of sale for details.
Will you remove all furniture packaging?
Yes, upon request our delivery team will remove and recycle the packaging.
Please note that for hygiene reasons mattresses are excluded from our returns policy unless the original protective wrapping remains sealed and intact.
How are smaller items delivered?
If you order contains both smaller items and furniture, these will be delivered together by our furniture delivery team. For orders of small items only, a third-party carrier will be used and alternative delivery rates apply to those stated for furniture.
Do you deliver outside of the UK?
We accept orders from outside of the UK at our sole discretion. Delivery costs are tailored to the circumstances and a third party carrier may be used in which case a furniture assembly service is unlikely to be available. Please contact our Despatch Team on 01629 581800 (option 2) for further information.
Where can I find your terms and conditions?
Please click here for our terms and conditions of sale which explain how we work.